LG G Stylo MS631 and H631
This guide is for updating to the latest firmware with the option to root, or for unbricking your phone.
- Make sure to backup any photos or important files from your internal sd. This method wipes the internal sd to give you a clean factory phone.
- Optional - Do a twrp backup so that you can restore "data" only from the backup to get your user apps and settings back after updating or unbricking with this guide.
- Download and install LG drivers from HERE
- Power off your phone and wait 10 seconds
- Now go into download mode by holding "volume UP" and plugging the usb cable from your PC
- Download "LG Flash Tool" from HERE and extract it
- Download MetroPCS or T-Mobile v10J kdz
- Place the kdz inside the LG Flash Tool folder
- Now right click on "LGFlashTool2014.exe" and run as administrator
- Now select all the options in the pictures below:
- Make sure to select cdma as pictured above even if your phone is gsm. This tool is modified and that's how it works.
- Now the kdz will be flashed. Just let it finish and it will reboot by itself and then you're done.
- If you were rooted and had twrp recovery follow the guide HERE to get root and twrp back.
Special thanks to "quangnhut123" for the modified LG Flash Tool
You know the drill, so here's the warning... You're flashing this at your own risk and I'm not responsible for your device.